We are looking for a talented Inventory Manager to join our team.
About Customade Group:
Virtuoso Doors has always been a byword for quality, service, and reliability, and whilst it operates independently, being part of the bigger fenestration Customade Group, has enabled us to develop to where we are today. With our state-of-the-art facility in Gateshead our new building is equipped with cutting edge technology and manufacturing machinery to continue our quality offering, but it would be nothing without our ultimate USP’s, talent and expertise.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to deliver effective product ordering and inventory management processes.
- Ensure an efficient purchase ordering and stores operation, capable of fulfilling operational demand.
- Working with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching and developing a small team.
- Identify and support action plans. Monitor and report KPI’s to monitor performance against targets. Ensure budgetary and inventory targets are met.
- Build and maintain effective supplier relationships, resolving any material related issues.
- Providing solutions to supply chain issues.
- Developing and improving processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of purchasing, systems, and stores operation.
- Ensure ordering systems and databases are kept up to date with the correct information.
- Hosting SIM (short interval management) meetings to ensure daily targets are met and all tasks are completed.
- Ensure that any vehicles, FLT’s and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, working collaboratively with all areas of the business.
To be successful in this role:
- Previous experience in managing a procurement team in a high volume, fast paced window industry or manufacturing environment.
- A sound understanding of supply chain procedures, an understanding of stock management and optimisation principles.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health and safety requirements and regulations.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to meet targets and objectives.
- Well organised, disciplined, and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities.
- Hands on, hardworking, motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and problem-solving skills.
- Build effective working relationships and able to influence change, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills with experience of supply chain and stock control software.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English Grade C or above. A qualification in stores or inventory management and/or CIPS qualification would be desirable.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlement and company contributory pension scheme.
- The opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office.
- Employee Assistance programme.
- With a culture of empowerment, we are seeking focused, driven, and talented individuals to make things happen, so we deliver our ambitious growth plans. Expansion creates frequent career progression opportunities and if you believe you are the right person for us then apply today!
To apply or for further details please email Andrea Griffin, HR Business Partner, together with a copy of your CV to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications Friday 18th February 2022.