This is a new and exciting opportunity to work with the Production Manager. Working as part of the Production Management Team you will be responsible for managing the day to day running of Production in the most cost effective and efficient manner. To ensure compliance with health, safety and wellbeing policies and procedures to the highest standards, reducing or eliminating hazards, ensuring best practice and safe systems of work are operated, and high standards of housekeeping are maintained.
- Planning and agreeing production schedules with the Production Manager. Help to deliver Lean Manufacturing and cost-reducing measures are implemented/upheld in your team
- Liaising with Despatch to ensure delivery of goods to customers on time and in full.
- Support the Production Manager in working with the supply chain to control stock levels, whilst ensure production is met.
- Day to Day supervision of staff including recruitment, training, coaching, absence, ensuring all employee relations matters are carried out in line with HR policies and procedures, daily activity briefings are held by the Team Leaders.
- To ensure on-the-job training is delivered by the Team Leader and to supervise performance improvement measures to ensure that all production staff reach their highest potential and optimum performance levels.
- To oversee the production process of the team and in liaison with the Production Manager.
- To monitor stock to ensure sufficient raw materials are available for production needs and manufactured goods are controlled efficiently to avoid affecting production.
- To monitor progress of all orders received through the manufacturing process to ensure it is ready for the required delivery date, overview and prioritise batching and production of orders in liaison with Production Manager.
- To monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for all production operations in the assigned area.
- To ensure highest quality of goods are manufactured first time, reducing all wastage.
- To carry out inspections of assigned production areas on a 1-hourly basis to ensure smooth running, compliance with SOP’s and H&S.
- To monitor and support continuous improvement activities, implementation of change management and best practices.
- To ensure the time and attendance system is kept up to date, overtime is authorised, holidays and sickness entered.
To be successful in this role:
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement environment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, in particular COSHH, Accident investigation, Risk Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of employee relations and HR requirements with demonstrable experience of coaching and mentoring
- Well organised, disciplined, and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities.
- Analytical, strategic-thinker and planner, with a ‘hands on’ strong leadership style, leading by example.
- Customer-focused with a strong emphasis on ‘safety first’, quality, delivery, and cost management.
- Ability to train and engage staff to enable them to be the best they can.
- Specific industry experience and multi-product manufacturing is highly desirable.
To apply or for further details please email Andrea Griffin, HR Business Partner, together with a copy of your CV to: email@example.com. A job description is available upon request.