It’s time to shrug off the boredom and boost your career working with one of the most productive manufacturing companies in the UK. Customade Group is a market-leading business, providing quality PVCu, Aluminium and Composite fenestration systems to the trade. A highly respected service provider and people-focused employer, Customade Group has built, and continues to build a reputation for quality throughout its portfolio of Businesses and has ambitious plans in place for future growth. Due to expanding production throughout the Group, we are now looking to recruit a Buyer for our Aluminium Division based in Stonehouse.
Reporting to the Managing Director for Aluminium, this is a commercial procurement role to deliver robust sourcing strategies for both Direct and Indirect spend. This will involve developing a supplier base that is capable of supporting the company’s strategic purchasing objectives, underpinning the company’s need for responsibly sourced, high-quality products, delivered on time and commercially viable.
Key Duties include: –
- Sourcing and supplier selection activities through effective RFQ/RFP and robust supplier selection processes.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions of supply and the drafting of formal supply agreements.
- Spend analysis and identifying opportunities in order to create a pipeline of cost reduction or cost avoidance opportunities.
- Negotiation of prices.
- Undertaking benchmarking exercises and monitoring market trends across a range of Direct and Indirect categories of spend.
- Building supplier relations and supporting improvement programmes through the monitoring of performance KPIs & metrics and regular supplier feedback and follow up.
- Acting as a point of escalation and providing support and development to the other purchasing team members.
- Prepare management reports and presentations as required.
If this role sounds of interest to you, then why not apply today!